COVID-19 Has Significantly Affected The Home Locations of Starbucks’ Customers in NYCBy leveraging hundreds of thousands of mobile data impressions, we found a striking 7% drop in population among Manhattan’s Starbucks customers. Although Starbucks’ customer base doesn’t completely reflect all of Manhattan residents, our data corroborates the ongoing narrative that a massive number of people have moved out of urban core centers. You can check out our interactive map below to see where Starbucks customers migrated since Covid. Click on a city below to see the percent change of Manhattan Starbucks customers.
- Orange Cities: Have experienced a net loss of Manhattan Starbucks customers since pre-Covid.
- Green Cities: Have experienced a net gain of Manhattan Starbucks customers since pre-Covid.
- Hicksville’s customer base increased 25.5%.
- Nanuet’s customer base increased 44.8%.
- Jersey City’s Starbucks customer base increased 4.7%.
- Yonkers’s Starbucks customer base increased 2.0 %.